Avocado chocolate mousse with cherries is a simple summer recipe. This avocado dessert is sweet, creamy and chocolate-y with a subtle cherry flavor.
It only contains natural sugar from dates and cherries but it can be sweetened more, if you like. Honey, agave, maple or date syrup are excellent choices.
Special diets information
Does this avocado chocolate pudding contain:
Refined sugar: NO
Nuts: NO (always check the ingredient labels to see if they were made in a factory that does not handles nuts, especially when having severe allergy reactions).
Is it vegan? YES
How to make avocado chocolate mousse
Gather and prep all the ingredients: pit cherries, make sure to remove any stones from dates (double check if all of them are stone-free). Peel and half avocados and remove their stones.
Combine these altogether with coconut milk drink, salt and cocoa powder in a food processor. Process until smooth and enjoy!
Perfect for parties
Planning a gathering and looking for a vegan chocolate mousse for you or your vegan friends? Try this recipe!
Serve it in disposable plastic dessert cups or shot glasses, top with fresh cherry and voila! The perfect healthy treat.
Avocado adds a great texture to this mousse but not only that. Because of its health benefits you can enjoy this avocado dessert without a guilt.
Where to use avocado?
Avocados are so versatile, and they definitely don’t belong on a toast only. I have many tasty recipes with avocado on the blog: you can literally use them anywhere from spreads, dips, smoothies, to hummus, even in ramen.
Avocado chocolate mousse frequently asked questions:
Almond milk drink is a great substitute!
Yes, you can.
You can use either Deglet noir which are the smaller (and cheaper) dates or Medjool dates (larger, softer and sweeter). With Medjool you don’t need to presoak them as they are very soft.
Some Deglet noir don’t need pre-soaking. Squeeze a few between fingers to check for softness.
1 serving (a dessert shot) contains 89 calories.
More healthy treats for you to try:
- Peanut Butter Banana Brownies – a healthy vegan treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth, not only vegans!
- Chocolate Covered Dates – our favorite snack that is best enjoyed right from freezer!
- Coconut Chocolate Bars – tasty coconut bars covered in chocolate make a healthy sweet treat.
Want to see how to make avocado chocolate mousse? Watch the video!
Avocado Chocolate Mousse with Cherries
- In a food processor, combine together all the ingredients and process until smooth.
- Cover with a foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or more) before serving.
- Fill small shot glasses (see note 4 & 5), top with a cherry and serve!
- Either medjool (large and soft) or deglet noir dates (small and usually drier) can be used. If your deglet noir dates are hard, you will need to soak them in warm water for 30 minutes first.
- 1/2 cup is about 12 deglet noir or 4-5 medjool dates. The smaller dates will be lighter and weigh about 80 grams while the large ones will be heavier (about 100 grams) and also sweeter.
- This recipe yields about 2.5 cups of mousse (650 grams).
- For parties: Best served in 1 or 2-ounce (30-60 milliliters) shot glasses or dessert cups.
- Garnish with fresh cherry or chocolate shavings and fresh mint leaf.
- The sweetness of this chocolate avocado mousse will depend on the sweetness (ripeness) of your produce. With medjool dates, you should get a sweeter mousse than with deglet noir. If you prefer a sweeter taste, add a sweetener of your choice: agave, date syrup, maple syrup or honey are delicious options.
- Nutritional information are per 1 dessert shooter.
- This avocado chocolate mousse can be prepared in advance and served the following day.