No bake chocolate biscuit cake also known as chocolate fridge cake is a must-try treat. Turn digestive biscuits & chocolate into this easy homemade dessert!
Guys, if you crave something sweet that also has chocolate in it, then I highly recommend having a go at this no-bake chocolate biscuit cake.
It’s a simple 4 ingredient dessert and as the title says – there is no baking whatsoever. Now who wouldn’t like that, right?
Especially now that the summer is fast approaching easy no bake desserts are the heroes of the warm season. Raspberry icebox cake, Irish cream cheesecake or Banoffee pie are one of those sweet treats that are easy to prepare and always please a crowd!
If you are wondering how to make a cake from biscuits, read on. It is a simple recipe so anyone can do it. In fact, if you are looking for a kids-friendly baking project, then this one is it!
How to make no bake chocolate biscuit cake
Break the biscuits into small pieces. Now you can also use a rolling pin and zip-lock bag to do it but I’d say you will be faster just doing it by hand. Kids will definitely love helping you with this step.
Don’t break the biscuits too much though. You don’t want to end up with crumbs.
The following step involves melting chocolate and butter. I always do it over a pan of simmering water but you can also use a microwave. Just make sure you don’t burn the chocolate. When the chocolate has melted, stir in condensed milk.
Pour the chocolate mixture over the biscuit pieces and mix until you see that every single piece is covered with chocolate. All you have to do now is fill a loaf tin with this mixture, press down and pop it into the fridge overnight.
The following day you can enjoy a few slices of this chocolate deliciousness.
Note: It does not really matter whether you start off with breaking the biscuits or melting the chocolate.
There is usually a lot of chocolate left in the bowl (after you’ve poured it over biscuits) so I simply use a spatula to scrape it and spread/pour this over the biscuit cake.
Store it in the fridge before serving (especially in summer).
This chocolate biscuit cake can be made ahead and stored in a freezer. You could slice it, wrap it individually and keep it in a zip-lock bag.
Every time you crave a slice you simply take it out from the freezer and wait a while until it is defrosted.
Want to see how to make no bake chocolate biscuit cake? Watch the video!
No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake
- Break the crackers/biscuits and throw them in a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a pot of simmering water (or in a microwave). Remove from the heat. Stir in the condensed milk.
- Pour melted chocolate over crushed biscuits and stir until all the pieces are well covered with chocolate.
- Line a loaf cake tin with baking parchment paper (make sure all 4 sides are lined). Fill the tin with biscuit mixture and press down hard using the back of a spoon. Scrape chocolate from the sides of your bowl and pour this over the biscuit cake. Spread evenly.
- The cake is now ready to be chilled. Cover with tin foil and refrigerate overnight.
- When set, cut into slices and enjoy!