If you are planning a party, then this homemade fruity red wine sangria is a “must have” on your table! Refreshing, with citrusy flavor and a hint of summer fruits! To achieve strong fruity taste, simply prepare it a day in advance! The longer in the fridge the stronger the fruity flavor!
I made sangria last summer. I followed a recipe from the Internet but I didn’t like the way it turned out. It wasn’t the right taste. It wasn’t the taste I was after. I was disappointed. In fact, my disappointment was bigger than the “urge” try and make it again. Until this year! Summer is back and so was my sangria craving!
Because of my unsuccessful attempt at making homemade sangria, we normally buy sangria in our local supermarket. The price is good and so is its taste but… I felt like giving homemade sangria another chance!
This time I did not follow any recipes I simply made it, tasted it, chilled it and there it was – A homemade fruity red wine sangria recipe!
I made it quite simple with only 3 types of fruit and no brandy added. The amount of sugar added makes it just perfect – there is no need for more as the orange juice will sweeten it with natural sugars.
We really like this homemade fruity red wine sangria recipe and hope you will too! It’s a perfect summer party drink!
Any of you have your own version of this popular summer drink? If so, let me know what ingredients you prefer in your sangria! If it’s not a secret, that is!
Some facts about sangria:
- Sangria is a common drink in Spain and Portugal.
- Its name comes from the Spanish and Portuguese word for “blood” because of its dark red color.
- Sangria Blanca = sangria made with white wine.
Check out my other drink recipes:
- Spanish Calimocho (Kalimotxo)
- Quick Cuban Orange Mojito
- 1-Minute Instant Iced Coffee
- Fresh Mint and Lemon Iced Tea
Homemade Fruity Red Wine Sangria
- 1 Bottle of Red Wine
- 1 cup Orange Juice (preferably freshly squeezed from 3 medium oranges) (250ml)
- 2 Nectarines , sliced (preferably freshly squeezed from 3 medium oranges)
- 1 Apple
- ½ Orange
- 2-3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Water (125ml)
- Melt sugar in ½ cup of hot water (I normally use kettle to boil the water so it dissolves faster). Let it cool down.
- Meanwhile pour wine in a large pitcher/glass bowl. Throw in sliced nectarines, apple and sliced orange. Add orange juice and cold sugar syrup. Stir well.
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for several hours (at least 2), preferably overnight.
- Serve with ice cubes!