Strawberry Lemon Infused Water is a great drink for outdoor parties, barbecues or lazy pool days. Fresh strawberries, mint and lemon turn water into a tasty drink!
Guys, the weather here has been extremely hot so we’ve been trying to make drinks that are refreshing and hydrate us. Infused waters are our favorites! They are great for summer and the best thing about them is that you can make them easily yourself with your favorite ingredients.
These are my favorite infused water recipes:
How to make lemon strawberry infused water?
To make this refreshing summer drink you will need 3 simple ingredients: a few mint sprigs, strawberries and lemon. The ratio is up to you but if you follow this recipe you will end up with strawberry infused water with a hint of lemon and light mint flavor.
To get stronger mint flavor I simply bruise the leaves before adding them to a jar. When it comes to lemons, wash them thoroughly, especially when you are not using organic ones. Peel the zest if you are worried about the infused water having a bitter taste.
When using strawberries to infuse water bear in mind that they go off faster in water, especially when sliced or mashed. Here I don’t recommend leaving the jar in the fridge overnight.
By the way, d id you know that drinking infused water is good for you? Recently I have come across an article about the benefits of strawberry infused water and I was surprised about the power behind this easy flavored water.
Good to know when making strawberry lemon infused water:
- For stronger strawberry flavor, mash some strawberries and add them to the glasses right before pouring this strawberry infused water in.
- Strawberries (as well as raspberries) go off faster in water than any other fruits. That is why I don’t recommend infusing this strawberry lemon water overnight.
- If you don’t have lemon, try using lime instead.
- A great substitution for mint is lemon balm. Basil can also be used. It depends on your preference.
I like to add extra mint leaves, lemon slices and strawberries to each glass right before serving. It looks prettier and more interesting.
This strawberry lemon infused water is the right drink for outdoor parties, barbecues, chilling at the pool or simply any time you feel like having a glass of refreshing and healthy drink.
Strawberry Lemon Infused Water
- 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries
- 10 Mint Springs
- Wash all the ingredients under runny water. Slice the lemon and strawberries. Bruise mint leaves. Place everything in a jug or glass bottle and pour water over.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.