These walnut dark chocolate truffles are perfect for any occasion – party, family gathering or as a treat for your afternoon tea! Place them in a nice box, wrap and you have a great present for your loved ones!
These truffles are highly addictive and once you try them you will definitely ask for more! They are one of the easiest sweet treats to make, so if you are in a hurry or don’t have time to bake cakes but still want to make something homemade, these walnut dark chocolate truffles are the way to go!
Watch the video for this recipe:
Store them in an airtight container in your fridge at all times and take them out right before serving. The difference in taste between the chilled truffles and truffles kept at room temperature is huuuuge! I highly recommend keeping them in your fridge up to the moment you want to serve them – especially during the summer months or if you live in a warm country like we do!
You can’t go wrong with a mixture of dark chocolate, Caramel (Dulce de Leche), walnuts and dried fruit!
We love them and I hope you will too! If you find time to make these, let us know what you think about them!
Also check out these homemade dessert recipes!
Walnut Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Coarsely chop walnuts (use a food processor, if you have one – but be careful – it will take only a few seconds – you don’t want them finely ground)
- Melt chocolate & butter over double boiler. Let it cool down a bit before adding Dulce de Leche (or caramel) in it. Mix well.
- Throw in dried fruit 2/3 of coarsely chopped walnuts & combine well.
- Place the mix in the fridge for 15 minutes or until it has hardened a bit.
- Using your hands form a bite-size ball. Coat it with coarsely chopped walnuts and place onto a tray lined with baking paper. Repeat until you have used all the truffle mix.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Transfer the truffles in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge before serving.