Curried beef tacos with sweet corn salsa are a crowd pleaser. Ground beef in wheat tortilla, topped with crispy salsa and finished off with simple yogurt dressing!
Tacos! I love their versatility. They can be filled with anything you like and they will still taste amazing! Don’t you think so?
These Curried beef tacos are my favorite ones at the moment. To make them I combined Indian flavors with Mexican for one simple reason – I just wanted to see if it works.
And it does! Now don’t get me wrong. Mexican recipes rock! But why not combining them with other cuisines? Why not experimenting with flavors if you can?
How to make curried beef tacos
Let’s divide the prep into 3 steps: Heating tacos, cooking beef and making salsa. You can start with the salsa or beef.
For the salsa simply chop the veggies into tiny cubes and transfer into a bowl. Add salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar and you are done. All you have to do now is stir it around until combined and chill in the fridge until ready to use.
You can move onto the beef now. First sauté the onion until it looks translucent. Now it’s time to add ground beef, seasoning and spices. Mix everything around and cook until the beef is ready.
The last step here is heating up taco shells or tortillas. I personally can’t imagine eating these curried tacos cold but if you will I won’t judge you. I promise! We all like different things, don’t we?
Now If you are looking for more crowd-pleaser recipes have a look at these ones:
- Sweet Chili Pesto Sliders
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Popcorn Chicken Wraps
- Homemade Gourmet Hot Dogs with Bacon
The simple yogurt dressing has 3 ingredients in it: hot sauce, Greek yogurt and ketchup. I don’t really follow a recipe for this. Simply combine these three and taste it. Some people like it hot, others sweeter so adjust the quantities to your liking.
- Curry powder – if you don’t have curry powder, use garam masala. They are pretty similar.
- Ground Beef – use ground pork, chicken or a mix.
- Turmeric Powder – I like using fresh turmeric – it has stronger flavor. The amount is up to you. 1 teaspoon should be plenty.
- Sweet Corn Salsa – this salsa goes so well with these curry beef tacos so I recommend using all ingredients. However, you could skip the vinegar, if you don’t like it.
Guys, this is a very easy taco recipe so I hope you will give it a try. If you do, let me know what you think!
Curried Beef Tacos with Sweet Corn Salsa
- 5 Radishes
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- ½ cup Cooked Sweet Corn , drained
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- In a large frying pan, heat up olive oil. Add diced onion and sauté until translucent. Add beef, salt, pepper, turmeric and curry powder. Mix well and cook until the beef is ready.
- Meanwhile: In a large bowl, combine finely diced tomatoes, pepper, radishes and sweet corn. Add salt, pepper, oil and vinegar and mix well. Taste it and add more seasoning if needed.
- Simple yogurt dressing: In a bowl combine Greek yogurt, ketchup and hot sauce.
- Heat up tortillas and fill each with curried beef, sweet corn salsa and simple yogurt dressing.
- Serve immediately!