If you love Rocky Road then you will definitely enjoy these Dark Chocolate Guinness Rocky Road bars! Another no bake recipe that is ready in no time! All you have to do is melt the chocolate, add your favorite ingredients, mix, pour, chill & you are good to go!
When I first heard about rocky road bars in Ireland I wasn’t sure what to think of it and I had been postponing making them ever since! I think my main problem was the marshmallows! I don’t like eating them much (well, I can deal with them if they are in my cup of Hot Chocolate) so I am thinking to myself why on Earth does Siim want me to make these!
I thought he would forget about them at one point but NO! He would remind me every now and then and I would say: Yes, I will make you rocky road bars! But then I would forget again!
So one day he decided to make the bars himself – not trusting me anymore J (well, what can I say. Not much. I had my reasons …)
To my surprise they were delicious! I know I know!
He used dark chocolate with 70% cocoa content, added Guinness, pistachios, almonds, dried cranberries and marshmallows. I liked it because it wasn’t too sweet, I didn’t taste much of the marshmallows (the majority of them had melted in chocolate but if you don’t want most of them to melt, simply wait until the chocolate is cooled down a bit and/or throw them in at last) and mainly because these rocky road bars gave me the much needed energy boost (thanks to pistachios, almonds, cranberries and dark chocolate)!
So yes, I have to admit that rocky road rocks! If you are looking for a quick energy boost, then this is it!
Also check out these homemade dessert recipes!
Check out our video for how to make Rocky Road:
Dark Chocolate Guinness Rocky Road
- Melt the butter and chocolate over double boiler.
- Pour in Guinness beer and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients – marshmallows cut in small pieces if you can’t find mini marshmallows, roughly crushed digestive biscuits, dried cranberries, peanuts & almonds. Mix until they are all covered with the chocolate mix.
- Pour into a tin foil tray (or onto a baking tray lined with baking paper) and spread the mixture around.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into snack-size rocky road bars.