This grilled corn salad recipe is not your ordinary recipe. A combination of smoky corn, Spanish chorizo and pears results in unique flavors that complement any meal.
It truly is a tasty appetizer or side that goes well with pork chops, steak or duck breast confit, even a whole fish (throw it on a grill as well and you have a delicious meal that is also packed with nutrients).
This grilled corn salad recipe is naturally gluten-free, nut-free and has no eggs in it.
How to make grilled corn salad
- Grill – see below “FAQs” for alternative
- Chopping board & knife
- Frying pan/skillet & spatula or wooden spoon
- Serving plate – or a bowl
- Corn on the cob
- Chorizo – thinly sliced, from the deli counter
- Feta cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Balsamic vinegar
This warm sweetcorn salad comes together quite easily. Start off by grilling the corn. Then quickly sauté chorizo and pears with butter, garlic and parsley.
Add a splash of balsamic vinegar and grilled corn kernels, sprinkle some feta crumbs over and you are done!
- Instead of sliced chorizo, you can use chorizo sausage.
- Feta is the best cheese option to use here. Bulgarian sirene or Mexican cotija could also be used as alternatives. I don’t recommend substituting it with another type. You can omit it though.
- Use any pears you have on hand.
- A drizzle of lemon juice can also be added to this corn salad.
- Use either fresh parsley or cilantro. They both work well.
- You can use either salted or unsalted butter, whatever you have on hand will be fine.
- Balsamic vinegar adds a ton of flavor to this salad with chorizo and corn so don’t omit it!
Frequently asked questions:
Yes, you can. It tastes good chilled as well, but I personally prefer it when the salad is still warm.
You could mix everything together minus the feta and refrigerate before serving. Then, reheat and sprinkle the cheese over.
You can do so. Instead of grilling you will need to pan-roast it.
Use a grill pan for stove tops or a classic cast iron skillet.
More salad recipes you might like:
Grilled Corn Salad
- 4 corn on the cob , see note 1
- 1 ounce butter (30 grams), see note 2
- 3 ounces chorizo , sliced (90 grams), cut into strips, see note 3
- 3 pears (medium), diced, see note 4
- 3 garlic cloves , finely minced
- flat-leaf parsley , finely chopped, see note 5
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces feta cheese (60 grams), see note 6
- Grill the corn on a grill or pan, and set aside to cool down. Then, cut the corn off the cob.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add chorizo strips and diced pear. Sauté for 5 minutes before adding minced garlic. Stir until the garlic releases its aroma.
- Then, add grilled corn kernels, parsley and balsamic vinegar.
- Let it cook for about 3 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Crumble some feta over, stir and serve.
- If your corn is very large, you might be OK with 3 cobs only.
- Use either salted or unsalted butter.
- If your store does not carry sliced chorizo at their deli counter, buy chorizo sausage and cut it into cubes instead.
- Any pears will work. The riper the pears the shorter their cooking time, so if you don’t want to end up with extremely mushy result, go for pears that are not overripe.
- Parsley as well as cilantro are the best choices of fresh herbs in this recipe!
- The quantity of Feta can be easily adjusted to your liking.
- The post above this recipe card contains more recommendations.