This homemade caramel ice cream with chocolate chips is creamy and rich in flavor thanks to Dulce de Leche. It’s a no-churn ice cream that is whipped up in 5 minutes!
If you are looking for an easy ice cream recipe without ice cream machine, look no further. You have already found it! Let me introduce you to this homemade caramel ice cream!
Now to make it I used Dulce de Leche. This ready-made caramel sauce is handy to have on hand especially when you are stuck for time but still want to make something homemade & delicious at the same time.
How to make homemade caramel ice cream:
It took me about 5 minutes to make this homemade caramel ice cream and I only used 3 ingredients – Dulce de Leche, chocolate chips and whipping cream!
First whip the whipping cream. Then it’s time to add the caramel sauce. Mix it in until well combined. The last ingredient are chocolate chips that I simply stirred into the mixture and that was about it!
I had a food container that was perfect in size for this 3 ingredient ice cream so I used it. You can use any freezer-friendly container as long as it has a lid. The lid will keep other odors away from your ice cream.
What I love about this homemade caramel ice cream is the fact that you can enjoy it within minutes after it’s been taken out from the freezer. Easily scoop-able ice cream ready to be served!
Homemade ice cream ideas:
By the way, I prefer eating this homemade caramel ice cream with a spoon rather than licking it on a cone. What about you guys? Are you a cone or spoon person?
Good to know:
- Feel free to increase or decrease the chocolate chip amount. I personally like the crunchiness but if you don’t go ahead and omit them.
- The same goes for Dulce de Leche – even though I think it’s sweet enough you can still add more or less (I wouldn’t go for less though).
- If you prefer homemade caramel to ready-made Dulce de Leche, then go ahead and use it!
This post first appeared on Tastes of Lizzy T blog where I am a contributor.
- In a bowl, whip heavy cream. Add Dulce de Leche and mix until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour into a 17 oz container.
- Cover with lid and freeze until set (5+ hours, best overnight).