A delicious recipe for juicy Mediterranean grilled vegetables. Summer vegetables and button mushrooms are seasoned and grilled to perfection! This recipe can be easily adjusted to your liking.
Making grilled vegetables is easy when you use a tray. It can be any kind of a deep baking tray/sheet or disposable aluminum tray, as long as it is large enough to hold all the grilled vegetables.
The preparations itself is simple and consists of washing and cutting mostly. This grilled vegetables recipe can be doubled or halved, if needed. It’s a tasty side dish that goes so well with various grilled meats.
I like to serve them with grilled chicken thighs as they are affordable and stay juicy after grilling. One of my favorite grilled recipes of this summer are Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs. I used a simple marinade that gives them a ton of flavor.
How to make Mediterranean grilled vegetables
Rinse all the veggies. Make sure the button mushrooms are free from any dirt.
Then all you have to do is cut each vegetable into chunks. I like to cut the onion into quarters and separate all the layers. Zucchini is cut in half lengthwise and then each half into chunks.
You can keep cherry tomatoes as they are or halve them as well. I prefer halving them as they release some of their juices into the veggies.
Cut the mushrooms in halves and you are done. Throw the prepped vegetables apart from cherry tomatoes into a tray that you will use for grilling. Then, add salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil and mix everything well.
Throw the whole tray onto your grill and cook for 10 minutes. Stir from time to time. After 10 minutes, add cherry tomatoes to the tray with grilled vegetables and cook for a further 10 minutes or until they look to your liking.
If you think they need more time on the grill, then leave them there longer.
What vegetables can you grill?
I’d say summer vegetables are the best choice for grilling – aubergines, peppers, sweetcorn, mushrooms, zucchini, onions, .… Also asparagus, lettuce ….
Tips for making grilled vegetables
- This recipe can be easily adjusted to your liking. If you prefer more zucchini, add more. If you don’t like it, feel free to omit it completely. My personal favorites among these grilled vegetables are definitely mushrooms, onions and peppers so I recommend keeping these.
- I used yellow and green bell peppers, but you can use any color you like or have on hand. Also, any kind of sweet pepper will work here.
Mediterranean Grilled Vegetables
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 4 oz Button Mushrooms (120g)
- 1 Zucchini (260g)
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (140g)
- Rinse all the vegetables and cut them into chunks (cut button mushrooms in half; cut onion into quarters and separate the layers; cherry tomatoes can be cut in half or left as whole)
- Place all the veggies apart from cherry tomatoes onto a baking tray/sheet or disposable aluminum tray. Season them with salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil and mix everything well, making sure all the veggies are coated with the seasoning.
- Grill for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time. Then add cherry tomatoes and grill for a further 10 minutes or until the vegetables are to your liking.
- I used about 28 ounces (800g) of vegetables in total. If you are going to serve other side dishes altogether with these grilled vegetables, then you will feed more than 4 people.
- The grilling time may vary depending on your grill and the heat inside your grill (I used charcoal grill to cook these vegetables).
- This recipe can be halved or doubled, if needed. When doubling the recipe, you either need to cook this in two batches or cook in two trays or use a larger tray.
- Minimum tray size: 13x9 inches (33x22cm).
- For more tips and detailed information or if in doubt, please read the whole post.