This summer watermelon cherry salad with Feta is great for picnics, summer parties, barbecue or lunch! It’s refreshing, light and most importantly delicious!
I cannot live without watermelon in summer! Watermelon is sweet yet refreshing and most importantly helps you stay hydrated throughout the day! I simply love this fruit. Oh, did you know that watermelon is a fruit AND a vegetable? Anyway, no matter what it is I cannot get enough of it! What about you?
By the way, It’s been over a week since my last post! Did you notice? I can’t believe that I barely touched my laptop during that time. The reason for me being offline was our visit to my parents’ house (see traveling by taxi, plane & car 10+ hours to get there). It had been pretty hectic time, with dad’s 60th birthday party on Saturday and a lot of baking before that. You see, in my family everything homemade is a must. We not only bake for the party, but for the guests to take the sweet treats away (cakes, cookies, biscuits, etc…) as well as for neighbors and colleagues from work. It’s a tradition. I don’t know if this is everywhere in Slovakia but in small villages it is pretty normal.
My original plan of recording everything on video and taking a lot of pictures was pretty soon over! There was no chance that anyone (see my mom and grandmother) would wait for me to take pictures + record the whole baking process.
All I managed was to record myself when making a cake in a shape of an acoustic guitar for my dad! And I did not even record all of it! And on the top of it I don’t even have a decent picture of the cake! What an amateur, right? But, hey, life goes on so let’s not talk about those small (pretty huge back then) disasters right now.
Let’s get back to my summer watermelon cherry salad with Feta for a second!
Those ones who are after simple ingredients & simple preparation this summer salad recipe is for you:
Watermelon, cherries, Feta cheese, mint + butter roasted sweetcorn kernels! Throw everything together or arrange on individual plates and voila! Summer watermelon cherry salad with Feta is ready to be served!
Summer Watermelon Cherry Salad with Feta
- Cook the corn knobs in boiling water until ready (this should take about 5 minutes). Drain the water, let them cool down.
- Meanwhile, wash the watermelon. Remove its skin and cut into bite-size pieces. Wash and pit cherries.
- Throw the fruit in a large bowl or divide onto 4 individual plates.
- Crumble the feta cheese over.
- Once the corn has cooled down, using a knife cut off the kernels. In a frying pan, melt butter. Once the butter has melted, throw in the corn kernels and toast until light brown. Add the corn kernels to the salad and serve garnished with mint leaves!
Happy Cooking with Happy Foods Tube!
Browse more Salad Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.