This is an easy recipe for beet salad with feta cheese that only takes 5 minutes to make. This beet side dish uses only a few simple ingredients, but others can be added, if you like!
Why make this beet salad with feta?
Easy recipe – Who doesn’t love easy recipes, right?
Quick preparation – I always try to make quick recipes because no one wants to wait ages for dinner to be served.
Great make-ahead side dish – The beets can be cooked ahead and stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Just take them out, cut them, dress them and you are done!
Simple ingredients – For this beet salad recipe I used simple ingredients. If you like, you can add a few more. Find more information on what you can add to this recipe below.
If you want to spice up a bit this simple beet salad with feta, stir in pressed garlic!
If you want to upgrade this simple feta and beetroot salad, you can do so by adding all kinds of ingredients. Here are a few ideas for you, if you are wondering what goes well with beets:
- Cooked quinoa
- Finely chopped walnuts or hazelnuts
- Balsamic vinegar
- A drizzle of honey
The options are limitless, and it is entirely up to you what you like. If not sure, add only a little and try it first to see if you like the flavor combo.
How to make beet salad with feta
Dice the cooked beets and throw them into a serving bowl. Add feta, olive oil, salt, finely chopped parsley, black pepper and mix well.
Taste it and add more seasoning, if you feel like it’s needed. Serve this beet feta salad with anything you like.
How do you cut beets for salad?
For this beetroot and feta salad I cut the beet into small cubes. But you can also slice them thinly or roughly chop them. My preferred way of serving this simple beet salad is by dicing them.
What meats go well with beet salad?
Cooking beets for salad or meal prep
For easy and quick cooking, I recommend using my recipe for Instant Pot Beets, if you have an electric pressure cooker. If not, you can cook them in a pot of boiling water until ready (The cooking time may vary. This will depend on the size of the beets you are using).
Cooked beets can be stored for up to 5 days in an air-tight container in the fridge which makes them a great meal prep food.
Tips for making feta and beet salad
- I used 3 cups of diced cooked beets. This was enough for 4 people when served as a side. If you decide to add more ingredients (such as arugula, spinach, nuts, etc …) you will get a larger portion that should feed more than 4 people.
- You can use more/less feta if you like. Just remember that this Greek cheese is quite salty, so I recommend you season this beet salad at the very end – after you have mixed everything together and more importantly before you tasted it. You don’t want to end up with an over-seasoned salad.
More easy beet recipes that are not salads:
More easy side dishes:
Beet Salad with Feta
- In a serving bowl, combine cooked diced beets with crumbled feta, finely chopped parsley, a pinch of salt and pepper and olive oil. Give everything a good stir and taste. Add more seasoning if it is needed.
- Feta - feel free to add more cheese, if you prefer. Just keep in mind that feta is quite salty so I recommend seasoning the salad at the very end (after you have added the cheese).
- This salad serves 4 as a side dish.
- You can add some extras to this salad: arugula or spinach, pomegranate, chopped nuts of your choice, …