This is a super easy party snack! Also called “Pigs in a blanket” with a sausage roll look. If you are struggling for snack ideas then this is it! Pre-rolled puff pastry and frankfurters are the two key ingredients here.
I also added mustard but this can be omitted. If you are not a mustard lover, use ketchup instead or cheese for extra flavor.
Frankfurters in Puff Pastry
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet (270g)
- 1 Pack of Frankfurters (200g)
- Roll out the puff pastry (if you didn’t buy a pre-rolled one). Cut it into 12-15 rectangles with dimensions of about 7cm x 8cm.
- Take one pastry piece. Put it down so the wider part is facing you. Now using a knife, make several horizontal marks (about 1.5cm/ 1 inch wide) in the middle of the left side of the rectangle. Turn the rectangle over (this is simply to make the cuts visible after baking) so that the marked half is still on your left.
- Spread mustard over the right half, place a piece of frankfurter on top and cover with the marked half. With your fingers press down to seal the 3 edges around the frankfurter. Repeat with all of them.
- Place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush with egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.