7-ingredients and 20-minutes is all it takes to make this no bake pineapple cake. It’s an easy make-ahead dessert with pineapple pieces and Nutella layer.
Guys, this no bake pineapple fridge cake is perfect for the warm weather we’ve been having lately! If you are looking for easy to make desserts, then this is it! And guess what? It’s also gelatine-free!
So you know how I love making no bake desserts and quick desserts, right? No bake banoffee pie and no bake raspberry cake are among my favorite ones. Are you wondering why I am telling you all this? Well, because that is kind of how this no bake pineapple cake recipe was created.
I’ve recently bought a book with easy homemade desserts that take 30 minutes or less to make. However, if you are guessing that this no bake pineapple cake comes from that book you are wrong. My plan was to make this beautiful 3 layer strawberry cake from that book. And I DID make it. But that cake was not presentable at all. By that I mean it looked awfully bad – layers did not set well so it looked like one big mess. I am still blaming myself for maybe missing something when making the cake. Which means I will be having a go at it again, in case you are wondering! Yes, one “small” kitchen disaster won’t scare me off!
So there you go. Not everything I make has a happy ending. What about you, guys? Have you ever had a kitchen disaster? What was it? I probably could write a whole post about my kitchen disasters!
By the way, this easy pineapple cake is completely different from the one that didn’t turn out well. I went for a simple look as well as simple ingredients. It doesn’t even need gelatin to set! Isn’t that great? Plus it’s delicious and has Nutella in it. Who wouldn’t love desserts with Nutella?
How to make no bake pineapple cake:
The crust: Digestive biscuits are perfect for this cake. Mixed with melted butter and pressed down into a cake pan is all it takes.
The Nutella layer: Sour cream + Nutella + Powdered sugar are mixed together until well combined.
The white layer: Combine sour cream, powdered sugar and Greek yogurt in a bowl until smooth. You can use a mixer for this but you will be totally fine if you don’t.
The assembling: You have two options here: 1. Digestive biscuits crust + Pineapple pieces + Nutella layer + White layer. 2. Digestive biscuit crust + Nutella layer + Pineapple pieces + White layer. In both cases start off with lining the sides of the tin with pineapple half circles that have been cut in halves. By the way, this is not necessary but I like the look of the cake.
Important when making this no bake cake!
- This cake has to be chilled in the fridge for at least 12 hours! Otherwise it will not set properly and you will be disappointed with the way it holds its shape.
- Make sure your fridge is cold enough so your cake will set properly.
- Drain the pineapple slices and pat them dry before using. You don’t want to end up with a soggy crust.
Sour cream – crème fraiche will work here as well
Greek yogurt – Plain natural yogurt can be used
Powdered sugar – Nutella is sweet enough so you could omit this in the Nutella layer if looking for low sugar dessert recipe. I wouldn’t substitute this for honey as it doesn’t blend well when used with cold ingredients. Agave syrup could be used but it has quite different taste so if you are not used to its taste you might not like it.
Good to know:
Powdered Sugar = Icing Sugar = Confectioner’s Sugar
I hope you’ll give this recipe a go. Please let me know if you do! By the way, these easy cheesecake bites are worth trying as well!
No Bake Pineapple Cake with Nutella
- 1 can Pineapple Slices (20oz/560g)
- 2 cups Graham Crumbs , heaped (270g)
- ⅓ cup Unsalted Butter (80g)
- Mix melted butter and digestive biscuit crumbs until well combined. Transfer this mixture into an 8inch/20cm cake tin and press down to make the crust. Take your time and press hard. This is important to get a firm crust.
- Now drain the pineapple slices and pat them dry with paper kitchen towel. Cut 4-5 slices in halves and line the sides of your cake pan with them. Make sure they touch each other. Once done, cut the rest of the pineapples into small pieces and spread them over the biscuit layer. Note: you can save a few pineapple pieces to garnish the top of the cake at very end.
- For the middle Nutella layer whisk together powdered sugar, Nutella & Sour Cream until combined. Spread over the pineapple slices.
- In another bowl, mix sour cream, powdered sugar and Greek yogurt and spread over Nutella layer. Once done, cover with cling film and transfer in the fridge. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours before serving.
- Optional: Decorate with pineapple pieces.