This Spinach Cucumber Smoothie is rich in vitamins, antioxidants and fiber. If you are looking for the best detox drink or simply want to live healthier then this is it! It’s also dairy-free.
Why to make spinach cucumber smoothie?
- It’s a great way to start a day and get some nutrient in your body.
- It’s refreshing – cucumber gives it that refreshing taste.
- Perfect for detox – this spinach smoothie helps your body get rid of toxins.
- It’s healthy – excellent source of vitamins, fiber and antioxidants.
- I dare to say it’s the best green smoothie recipe!
So guys, if you haven’t tried adding spinach to your smoothie yet, here is your chance! Don’t be afraid. Combined with other ingredients you will get a vitamin bomb full of antioxidants and other nutrients good for your body.
What are the benefits of spinach smoothies?
Now this depends on what you actually use to make them. The more ingredients (fruits, veggies, nuts, …) the more health benefits it will have.
Let’s talk about this spinach cucumber smoothie:
Spinach makes your hair and skin look healthier thanks to the high amount of Vitamin A it contains. It’s also a great source of iron and potassium.
Cucumbers are high in nutrients (Vitamin C, K, magnesium, potassium) and low in calories. They also contain a lot of water which helps you stay hydrated (check out the health benefits of cucumber).
Avocado – Did you know that avocados are great for cleansing your body from toxins? And so are cucumbers and spinach! Apart from that avocado is packed with antioxidants.
Apples are rich in fiber, reduce cholesterol, detoxify your liver, help control your weight which also makes this a great smoothie for weigh loss.
Now as you can see this spinach cucumber smoothie is packed with vitamins, antioxidants and fiber. Drinking it will also help your body cleanse from harmful toxins.
Do spinach smoothies taste bad?
No. They don’t. Try making this spinach smoothie and you will find out for yourself. I highly recommend following the recipe first and only after adjusting ingredients to your liking.
The important thing is to find a balance between the flavors. If you add spinach, try using fruits and sweeteners you like to make it to your liking.
How to make spinach cucumber smoothie
You will need a blender or a food processor to turn your ingredients into a smoothie. This only takes a few seconds (depending on how powerful your blender). My blender only needs like 15 seconds.
Now peel the apple and cucumber and dice both. Remove the stone from avocado.
Dates – sometimes the dates might be way too hard for the blender to process so to make it easier you just place them in a bowl, pour hot water over and let them sit for about 5 minutes so they have time to soften. Chop them roughly.
Now throw everything in the food processor and blend until smooth. This green smoothie is quite thick. If you don’t drink it right away, store it in the fridge.
- Apple – pear is also a delicious substitution.
- Almond milk – cow’s milk.
- Dates – these are here to sweeten your smoothie. If you don’t like them, use a sweetener of your choice (honey, agave syrup, maple syrup …).
Spinach Cucumber Smoothie
- Peel and dice the apple and cucumber. Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone. Roughly chop the dates.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- If you own a powerful blender, you can keep the skins of apple and cucumber on.
- Make sure you wash the fruit and veggies before using them.
- This recipe yields about 4 cups – 2 portions.
- Almond milk can be substituted with cow’s milk.
- If your dates are hard and your blender not very powerful, soak them in hot water for a few minutes.
- The amounts and ingredients in this recipe can be adjusted to your liking.