Easy recipe for mixed berry smoothie with yogurt and milk. No chopping required, just blend everything together and enjoy. Customizable, this berry smoothie is perfect for summer!
How to make a smoothie with mixed berries?
Making frozen berry smoothie is quick and easy. In fact, it takes probably less than 5 minutes altogether.
There is no chopping required, just throw all the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
This mixed berry smoothie can be enjoyed right away or kept in the fridge for up to 2 days.
How many calories in a berry smoothie?
This mixed berry smoothie contain 203 calories per cup. You can reduce calories by omitting the yogurt, if you like.
This mixed berry smoothie can be easily customized to your liking. Use more bananas, less berries, add more yogurt, etc. Any milk will work.
Tips for making berry smoothie
- I usually use a frozen berry mix that is available in our local store. You can use berries from your garden or any you have on hand. Also note that the berry mixes vary from brand to brand. This means that some might be sweeter than others, so you might need to use more/less honey.
- Instead of honey, you can also use agave syrup or maple syrup, if you like.
- Plain Greek yogurt can be substituted with natural (unsweetened) yogurt or the low- fat version.
- Ripe bananas add an extra sweetness to this berry smoothie so the sweeter they are the less honey you might need.
Good to know:
Smoothies are a great addition to your diet. They contain a lot of good stuff and help you keep healthy. You can enjoy them for breakfast or throughout the day – as a liquid “snack”.
When eating this berry smoothie for breakfast, I recommend making some other snacks either to go with this smoothie or sometime before lunch. The reason is simple: while this berry smoothie is nutritious, it is still quite light, and you will more likely feel hungry shortly after.
Those who are looking for more smoothie recipes to try or perhaps new flavor combos, I have a nice collection of easy smoothies on the blog. They all can be customized to your liking.
Here are a few of my favorite smoothie recipes:
Mixed Berry Smoothie
- In a blender, combine roughly chopped bananas, frozen berry mix, Greek yogurt, milk and honey. Blend until smooth.
- Unsweetened Greek yogurt can be substituted with natural (unsweetened) yogurt.
- You might need more/less honey. This will depend on how sweet the berries as well as bananas are.
- This mixed berry smoothie recipe yields about 27 ounces (800 milliliters). You should get 2 large portions out it.
- You can store any leftover smoothie in the fridge. When stored properly, it should last up to 2 days (glass jar with a lid is the best way).
- You will find more tips and useful info in the post above this recipe card.