Calzone pizza is a scrumptious pocket of pizza dough filled with various fillings. There is no rocket science behind making one yourself! Take pizza dough, roll it out, fill it, fold it, bake it and eat it! Crispy on the outside and succulent on the inside!
It’s also more convenient to eat than ordinary pizza as most if not all the fillings stay inside when biting into it, don’t you think so?
Fillings of your choice:
- 2-3 Tomatoes
- 200 g Mozzarella Cheese (10 slices)
- Salami / Ham
- 1 Onion
- A Handful of Olives
- Chili (optional)
- Egg wash (optional)
- Divide the pizza dough (when using our recipe) into 4 equal portions. Knead each of them for about a minute. Transfer onto a floured surface and let rise for about 5 minutes.
- Take one pizza dough, roll it out into a thin circle. Transfer onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spread some tomato sauce over, leaving about 1.5 cm/0.5 inch from the edge free from the sauce.
- Top half of the pizza with fillings of your choice. Cover with the other half and using your finger press down hard to seal the edges. Go all the way from one end to the other one.
- Brush with the egg wash and bake in a preheated oven (220°C/425°F) for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with friends or family!
Happy Baking with Happy Foods Tube!
Browse more tasty Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.