Coconut Mango Overnight Oats is the perfect breakfast for people on the go, busy families or anyone who loves fuss-free breakfast. Fill a jar, place it in the fridge and enjoy the following morning!
Guys, making coconut mango overnight oats is quick and easy, even your kids can do it!
Truth be told, I was not very keen on overnight oats at first but once I figured out how quick this breakfast is to put together, I was hooked.
To make this coconut mango overnight oats vegan, simply substitute the cow’s milk for any vegan-friendly milk. If you don’t eat honey, just use another sweetener or dates.
Now if you are looking for more easy breakfast recipes, here are my suggestions for you:
Do you eat overnight oats hot or cold?
It is entirely up to you! I personally prefer them warm so I heat mine in the microwave first.
Can you make overnight oats with water?
Well, you can. Just note that they will taste different as water has no taste at all. I suggest adding more mango or honey (or dates) to fully enjoy this breakfast.
Can you make overnight oats with quick oats?
Yes, you can.
Ingredients needed to make coconut mango overnight oats
- Rolled Oats
- Chia Seeds
- Shredded Coconut
How to make coconut mango overnight oats
You will need a glass jar or a glass (or a bowl) that is large enough for the ingredients. Now all you have to do is throw everything in, give it a shake/mix (or not) and place it in the fridge. I like to cover the glass or bowl with cling film or seal the jar with a lid before I put it in the fridge.
The following morning you can either eat this quick breakfast cold or warm. If you like your oats warm (like me), then heat them up in the microwave.
Now I use frozen mango pieces to make these overnight oats because they are convenient and easily available. If you use fresh mango, I recommend dicing and freezing the rest of it for later use.
- Honey – use any sweetener you like (agave syrup, maple syrup, …). Chopped dates work also well.
- Chia seeds – you can omit these completely.
- Shredded coconut – desiccated coconut, coconut flakes (or skip this ingredient completely).
- Milk – almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk drink.
- Place the oats in a jar. Add in a pinch of salt. Pour over the milk and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Take it out the following morning and enjoy cold or warm.
- The amount of honey, coconut and mango can be adjusted to your liking.
- Chia seeds – if you decide to add more just bear in mind that they suck up a lot of liquids so you might need to increase the milk as well.
- Make it vegan by using a diary-free milk option and substituting honey for other sweetener.