Crab stick salad is the perfect dish for entertaining at home. This creamy make-ahead salad is easy to make and feeds a crowd!
Guys, if you are looking for easy party salad ideas or salad ideas for work this recipe will definitely fit the bill!
What I like about this crab stick salad is the fact that I can make it ahead. You see it tastes better when chilled in the fridge overnight which makes it a great make-ahead party food.
Now if you asked me to choose my favorite salad I would definitely have problem choosing one. I love all kinds of salads: Summer Salads, Sweet and Savory Combos, protein rich salads such as Red Bean Salad or Tuna White Bean Salad or Dill Pickle Potato Salad, Ceasar salad, …
What kind of salads do you like? Are you a fan of easy salads for a crowd or fancy looking gourmet salads? Do you have a favorite one? If you do, let me know which one it is!
How to make crab stick salad:
The prep is pretty straight forward. Cook rice and eggs. Now it does not really matter what way you cook your rice as long as you make sure not to overcook it. This is a cold rice salad so you will need to either wait for it to cool or you can rinse it under cold running water. I rinsed it under cold water.
Meanwhile get a large bowl. Throw in drained cooked sweetcorn, dill pickles, crab sticks and boiled eggs. Now we like all of these ingredients cut finely – the smaller pieces the better, but you can go for larger chunks if that is what you like.
As for the boiled eggs, you can either mash them with a fork or cut them into small pieces with a knife.
Add cold rice and mix well. Finally, combine the mayo, sour cream, salt and pepper in a small bowl and pour it over the crab stick salad mix. Using a wooden spoon or a spatula, mix the salad well. Chill it in the fridge overnight before serving.
Guys, this is a very easy homemade salad recipe that is perfect for parties, picnics, potlucks or family gatherings. If you give it a go, let me know what you think!
Want to see how to make Rice Crab Stick Salad? Watch the video!
- Start off with cooking the rice and hard-boiling the eggs.
- Meanwhile open a can of sweetcorn and drain the juice. Cut the crab sticks, dill pickles and onion (optional) into small pieces. Throw these in a large serving bowl.
- Add cooked and cooled rice (rinse it under cold water) and peeled eggs that you have either smashed with a spoon or finely chopped. Mix everything with a wooden spoon.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, salt and pepper and pour this over the salad. Mix until well combined.
- Chill in the fridge overnight before serving.