Fresh kale salad with sun-dried tomato dressing is healthy and delicious at the same time! Packed with nutrients this salad is a must try this New Year!
Hey guys! It’s the time of year again when we want to eat, drink and live healthier. Are any of you on a diet already? My goal for this year is simple: maintaining a balanced diet. I believe that balanced diet is the key to a healthy lifestyle.
That is why I made for us this fresh kale salad with lots of goodies in it. I love it and hope you will do too!
I’ve been also drinking Lemon Ginger Water every morning. It does not only boost your immune system but it also detoxifies your body! Orange Basil Infused Water is also perfect for healthy living and if you want to go a step further and help your skin get back its healthy look, start drinking Glowing Skin Green Juice.
But let’s talk a bit more about fresh kale salad! The main ingredient is kale, obviously. The health benefits of kale are worth checking out. Apparently, kale is the king among green vegetables. This nutritious green vegetable is also high in fiber, low in calories and has zero fat.
Now I admit that eating kale on its own doesn’t excite me much. In fact, it does not excite me at all. With kale it is like this: You need to dress it well and also pair it with great flavors in order to enjoy it.
So the dressing is VERY important. Last year I made Healthy Kale Salad with Mango Dressing. Guys, that mango dressing tasted unreal!
This time I made fresh kale salad with sun dried tomato dressing. I also added pine nuts, fresh orange juice and extra virgin olive oil to this mix and blended everything until smooth. Pure deliciousness! I would actually have hard time choosing which one of these two is the best dressing for kale salad. Wouldn’t you?
By the way, if you are looking for kale detox salad recipes, this one would be the perfect choice.
Ingredients needed to make fresh kale salad with sun dried tomato dressing:
- Fresh Kale
- Pine Nuts
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Most of the ingredients go into the sun dried tomato dressing. The dressing is so worth it so I highly recommend getting all of them. However, if there was one to omit – then it would be the balsamic vinegar. As it is only a little amount going into this dressing, you can do without it.
To make this fresh kale salad with sun dried tomato dressing you will need a food processor. You need to mix all the ingredients until smooth. Apart from that, you just need some plates or a serving bowl and you are good to go!
Fresh Kale Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
For the Salad:
- 5 handfuls Fresh Kale (100 grams)
- 2 medium Apples
- 2 large Avocados
- ¼ cup Pine Nuts
For the Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon Pine Nuts
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Oranges (Juice, 200 ml)
- ½ cup Water (125 ml)
- 6 Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- First place the tomatoes in a bowl and pour hot water over. Let them sit for about 10 minutes or until they soften (if you bought soft sun-dried tomatoes, you can skip this step).
- In a serving bowl, combine the kale, apples (cored and sliced), pine nuts and avocados (peeled, cored and sliced to your liking).
- Drain the water from sun-dried tomatoes and chop them roughly. Place all the ingredients for dressing in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over kale salad and serve.
- If you feel like your dressing is way too thick, add more water.
- This recipe is enough for 4 people when served as a side dish.