Shaved Zucchini Salad with Walnuts is a quick & easy side. Fresh vegetables, nuts and seeds are finished off with a drizzle of lemon juice.
Guys, if you are looking for healthy salad ideas, look no more! This shaved zucchini salad is it! It’s a quick salad to make AND only requires simple ingredients.
If you haven’t tried a raw zucchini before you might be a bit skeptical here. Don’t be though. Shaving or spiralizing this summer veg is a great way to enjoy it raw. Add tomatoes, onion, nuts, seeds, drizzle with lemon and you are good to go!
If you feel like that does not excite you much, add some Feta or olive oil and serve it alongside your barbecued meats! Yum! Speaking of BBQ – I love creating easy salad recipes for the grill season! Mediterranean Green Salad or Strawberry Salad are one of those salads and they only take a few minutes to make!
This shaved zucchini salad is also one of those quick side recipes – 10 minutes altogether or 15 – if you want to go the extra mile and make it look pretty on your plate.
- Pink Himalayan Salt – either omit or use table salt.
- Mixed Seeds – choose seeds that you like or if you don’t feel like adding seeds to this shaved zucchini salad, simply omit them.
- Black Sesame Seeds – use white sesame seeds.
- Basil – this salad goes very well with fresh parsley. You can also try fresh cilantro if you like this herb.
Good to know:
- This salad is suitable for vegetarians, vegans and Paleo dieters.
- It is raw & gluten-free.
- This shaved zucchini salad taste great with lemon and salt but if you feel like you need some more flavors there, drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over.
- If you don’t follow any special diet and like cheese, crumble some Feta over.
- Use a spiralizer, if you have one.
What else can I make using zucchini?
Shaved Zucchini salad with Walnuts
- Wash the zucchini, peel the skin off using a potato peeler. Now peel the flesh & place on a serving plate.
- Wash & cut the tomatoes (cut them in halves, quarter or any way you like)
- Wash & peel the carrot. Use the same peeler to get peel like thin carrot slices.
- Chop the walnuts.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin rings.
- Arrange all the ingredients on a plate.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the salad and season with salt, sprinkle with sesame seeds & garnish with basil leaves.